Too fun.. Mai Music Fashion Magazine Shoot
Recently I did a photoshoot for MusicFashion Magazine, shot by the gorgeous Larissa Underwood from Larissa Underwood Photography . It was soo much fun! I absolutely adore fashion shoots, and watching this fabulous lil video made by Miss Marie Choi, me realize every single woman must experience their own fashion photo shoot sometime in their life. In fact, I would prescribe it to take place at least once a year, just to celebrate the place in life you feel you’re in at the time. It can be such a fun, playful, transparent way of celebrating yourself, and it’s healthy to see outside yourself as the team of hair, makeup, wardrobe, and your photog bring a version of you to life.
That said, there are key ingredients to make a photo shoot a spectacular success, and most importantly, COMFORTABLE! (Oh man, it totally takes me a few snaps before I start feeling sexy/goofy/playful/Jeannie!) So here’s my surefire way of enjoying the snapping process.
1. Research your team: Your photo shoot can benefit everyone; your pics can be perfect additions to these aspiring professionals website/books. Whether going thru friends with hobbies in makeup or hair, visiting a local cosmetology school, or even going through Craigslist, find those eager individuals who are willing to bring imagination to life. I was blessed to have such a fantastic photographer, Larissa, that made me feel sexy in a fun, womanly way. She was beautiful and preggerz, and it added to our girl power moment!
2. Agree on a vision: As a team, figure out a theme or a mood and the collaboration of looks to compliment them. Tear out magazine pictures, use characters or past movies…get a clear depiction from each person’s viewpoint and put it together to come up with a like minded idea.
3. Prepare: Wardrobe, locations, schedule of time. Line it all up so on the day of, you’ve got nothing to worry about but show up prepared!
1. MUSIC- Have an Ipod loaded up and ready to go of your fave music to put you in the mood. Slow and sexy? Fun and flirty? Deep and dark? Have em all.
2. FOOD- Stay away from salty snacks (feeling OR looking bloated is no bueno.) But keep your crew and you hydrated and replenished with yummy FUN snacks. PB and veggies, organic gummy candies, dark chocolates!
3. and TUDE. Attitude that is. Bring it. Practice your poses in the mirror, and practice all the following faces with thoughts to match: sexy, flirty, fun, mysterious, adventurous, dark, humorous, hilarious,
My hair was “did” by the fabulous Norma Blaque, my ultimate hairstylist on my show How Do I Look on Style Network, I was styled by my homeslice for life Bory Tan, also original member of Mai Pretty Posse on my show. I love meeting new talent, and was able to get glitzed up by Mister Rokael, a sassy lil makeup artist with a fantastic flair with foundation.
Lookout for my tweet and Facebook about the Music Fashion issue once it comes out